Application Test Engineer
|Application Test Engineer|
|Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH)|
|Application Test Lead|
Number of Positions
The Reserve Bank Innovation (RBIH), set up as a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), aims to foster and evangelise innovation across the financial sector to enable access to frictionless finance for a billion Indians. As part of its mission, the Hub leverages technology to foster innovation keeping the customer at the centre. The Hub utilises its unique position to accelerate technological innovation by facilitating meaningful collaboration between banks, innovators, entrepreneurs, fintech firms, startups, and other key stakeholders.
BACKGROUND OF THE ROLE
RBIH is seeking a highly skilled and experienced application test engineer to join our quality assurance team. As an application testing engineer, you will be responsible for thorough testing of software products and services to ensure that only the best quality artefacts are delivered. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, guide, and mentor testing teams, and implement best practices in testing methodologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Familiarity with Testing process in an agile development environment
- Test automation using Postman and Selenium
- Expertise in writing good quality test cases, and test reports.
- Ability to collaborate with development teams.
- Strong experience in a technical advisory capacity to clients.
- Strong documentation capability (business requirement document, high- and low-level design documents)
- Good communication skills.
- Test Planning: Develop comprehensive test plans based on project specifications, requirements, and design documents.
- Test Execution: Oversee the execution of test cases, ensuring thorough test coverage and timely completion of testing phases.
- Automation: Evaluate and implement test automation strategies to improve testing efficiency and coverage. Collaborate with the development team to integrate automated testing into the continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Defect Management: Manage the defect lifecycle, from identification and documentation to resolution and verification.
- Performance Testing: Collaborate with performance testing teams to ensure the scalability and performance of applications under different conditions.
- Metrics and Reporting: Establish and maintain testing metrics and reports to provide visibility into test progress, test coverage, and defect trends.
- Collaboration: Work closely with developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements and provide input on design for testability.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and improve testing processes, tools, and methodologies to enhance overall testing efficiency and effectiveness.
3 – 10 years of experience as Test engineer
Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.
The appointment will be on a contract basis with an initial term of 3 months and extendable based on Project needs and individual’s Performance.
Bengaluru, India (Remote working is not available).
Last date for applications
Candidates are advised to apply latest by November 22, 2023 by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Job Openings
Angular Web Developer
4 – 10 years of experience as Angular web developer
Application Test Lead
5 – 15 years of experience as Test engineer
Mobile App Developer
2 – 8 years of experience as Mobile App developer
At least 5 years of IT product management experience, but not exceeding 15 years.
Senior DevOps Engineer
6 – 12 years of experience as DevOps Engineer
Senior Project Manager (SPM)
At least 15 years of IT project management experience, but not exceeding 30 years.
Senior Product Manager
At least 8 years of IT product management experience, but not exceeding 20 years.
Senior Mobile App Developer
7 – 15 years of experience as Mobile App developer