|Gender Lead (Consultant)|
|Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH)|
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) set up the Innovation Hub (Termed: RBIH), to promote innovation across the financial sector. The Hub will leverage technology and help create an environment that would facilitate and foster innovation. RBIH’s vision is to enable frictionless Finance for a billion Indians.
RBIH will collaborate with financial sector institutions, the technology industry, and academic institutions to coordinate efforts for the exchange of ideas and the development of prototypes related to financial innovation.
The Hub will help develop internal infrastructure to promote FinTech research and facilitate engagement with innovators and start-ups.
BACKGROUND OF THE ROLE
RBIH has entered an exciting time and is eager to scale up programs under the Diversity, Equity , and Inclusion (DEI) umbrella. In this context, RBIH is currently seeking a Gender Lead (Consultant) to support its Gender and Finance initiatives. The Gender Lead will be responsible for building impactful programs by setting direction and engaging partners throughout the program design and implementation. The Gender Lead will work closely with the RBIH Gender Expert Committee.
- Develop the strategy, roadmap, and monitoring mechanism to build a robust program on Gender and Finance aligned with RBIH’s vision and strategic objectives.
- Implement the roadmap by liaising with the ecosystem partners (Government, Start- ups, Fintechs, NGOs, Academia, Banks, Social Organizations, etc.). This will include (and is not limited to) mobilizing program focus, capacity building, and knowledge management activities with partners.
- Build thought leadership and document learnings from the programs and initiatives through avenues such as publications and conferences.
- Create strategic partnerships and support networks to strengthen the program areas.
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions and draw from industry best practices. Also, create data dashboards, graphs, and their visualization.
- Effectively communicate designs/ solutions in multiple forums and to various audiences including CXOs of banks and other key stakeholders.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant work experience managing a gender and finance portfolio.
- Knowledge and understanding of the institutional, legal, and policy frameworks at the national and local level that impact the financial status of women.
- Awareness and knowledge of the role of gender in financial access and entrepreneurship.
- Experience in partnership management including capacity building, coordination and networking for effective gender mainstreaming
Good to have
- Field experience in this area would be preferable.
- Ability to network effectively, with the ability to develop a wide range of relevant contacts.
- Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Result driven and motivated.
- Ability to prioritize and have excellent time management skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel regularly within and outside the country of focus.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree
- Desirable: Master’s degree is preferred with specialisation in finance and gender preferable
Age and Nationality
The applicant should be an Indian citizen, with a maximum age of 50 years as on October 31, 2022
How to Apply
Candidates are advised to apply via email to email@example.com
A minimum working experience of 1-5 years in large digital IT/ process transformation programs
Experience of 5-10 years in IT Industry/ Business out of which 3 years of project management experience in successfully delivering complex technology solutions
Experience of 10-15 years in IT Industry/ Business out of which 5 years of project management experience in successfully delivering complex technology-based solutions.