Project Manager – Gender & Finance
|Project Manager – Gender & Finance
|Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH)
|Lead – Gender & Finance
The Reserve Bank Innovation (RBIH), set up as a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), aims to foster and evangelise innovation across the financial sector with a mission to facilitate “Frictionless Finance for a Billion Indians”. As part of its mission, the Hub leverages technology to foster innovation keeping the customer at the centre. The Hub utilises its unique position to accelerate technological innovation by facilitating meaningful collaboration between banks, innovators, entrepreneurs, fintech firms, startups, and other key stakeholders.
ABOUT RBIH’s SWANARI PROGRAM
As part of this mission, RBIH launched the Swanari Programme in March 2023, with a mission to enable Frictionless Finance for every Woman in India. The Swanari Programme’s work spans across three pillars — Data, Design, and Demonstrate. Over the past year, it has successfully launched various projects aimed at impacting women across diverse segments, including self-help groups, women nano-entrepreneurs, street vendors, and rural women in the last mile. We are growing rapidly and are looking for self-driven, entrepreneurial individuals looking for a meaningful opportunity to engage with India’s rapidly evolving financial inclusion story.
BACKGROUND OF THE ROLE
The RBIH Swanari vertical is looking for a highly motivated, passionate and driven Project Manager (Gender and Finance) with 8 to 10 years of experience across either or all of the following domains – Banking and Financial Services, Public Policy and Financial Inclusion with a focus on Gender and/or Women’s Financial Inclusion. The candidate, should ideally have demonstrated experience in conceptualising, independently leading and delivering projects in: gender inequality, women’s financial inclusion, credit, savings, digital payments including G2P programs, public policy, program management and actionable qualitative & quantitative research. The individual will lead and drive key Swanari programs and projects and directly contribute to RBIH’s important national mission of delivering Frictionless Finance to every Woman in the country!
- Project Management: Conceptualise, design, and execute transformative projects, ensuring alignment with the vision and strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Client and Stakeholder Management: Establish and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including CXOs, international funders, banking officials, government officials, and regulatory bodies.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and dependencies and proactively mitigate them through effective risk management strategies
- Research: Conduct research and analysis on market trends, regulatory frameworks, and industry-wide best practices to drive innovation and inform decision-making processes.
We are looking for committed individuals who are excited to contribute to the Mission of RBIH in furthering financial inclusion goals in the country.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience, with relevant domain expertise in gender and financial services
- A track record in managing innovative/transformative projects in the financial sector.
- A broad understanding of the fundamental issues surrounding women’s financial inclusion in India and globally (across access, usage and quality of financial services)
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse complex issues, make data-driven decisions, and develop innovative solutions
- Demonstrated capacities in research (qualitative and quantitative) and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver results in an agile work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences(eg. Banks, Non-Banks, FINTECHs, Multilateral institutions, Policy makers, Regulator and other arms of government)
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, embrace new technologies, and navigate through ambiguity
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders with different skillsets and align them towards a common organizational goal
Most importantly, we are looking for individuals who are excited and passionate about contributing towards a larger mission of national importance.
A Masters in one of the following relevant fields including but not limited to: Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies, Development Management, Public Administration from a prominent university in India or Globally.
The appointment will be on a contract basis with an initial term of 3 years and extendable on mutual consent.
Senior AI Specialist
15-20 years of total experience in AI/Machine Learning/ Deep Learning.
Senior Associate – Marketing & Communications
3 to 5 years of experience in the financial domain
Manager – Finance
8 to 10 years of experience in the Finance function of an organisation of which at least 4 years as Head of Finance
Application Developer (Java Spring Boot)
4 – 8 years of experience as application/API developer.
Senior Application Developer (Java Spring Boot)
Minimum 8 years of experience as application/API developer.